Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Used to be Crafty..

...waaay back in the day.

But I think it's safe to say that since I actually had friends (which didn't come until much later in high school), all my free time outside school was spent socializing and basking in all that I missed by being such a hermit at home. But during those 'I'm a loser with nothing to do on a Friday night days', I actually started to learn a few things here in there.... like knitting, crocheting, origami, etc. I even even made my high school graduation invitations.

Well, what better time to bring back the ole crafty me than planning for my wedding? Due to a limited budget and still over a year and a half before our projected wedding date, I plan on accomplishing the following DIY projects:

Centerpieces
Bridal Party accessories (probably a belt)
Table place cards
Save the dates
Isle decor

.....at least for now. I'm sure that looking online will give me a lot more ideas.

Here's a practice run at an origami flower project for possible place cards or just as napkin decor. Seemed pretty simple when I started but it turns out that each petal has to be individually folded. But hey, one flower down....200 more to go! errrrrrrrrrrrr times 5 petals = 1000 petals to fold!!!



Bridesmaids and girlfriends - Get your fingers ready for my bridal sweat shop = )


(excuse my terrible handwriting)

4 comments:

  1. beautiful origami flower--I was wondering if you can send me the directions on how to make one of these--my friend is looking for something like this for her place cards. you can email me at adabrow1@yahoo.com

    Thanks
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me how you made that gorgeous origami flower. I LOVE IT! I'm the MOH at an October wedding and am trying to find ideas for it...this is perfect! Please email me the instructions, if you can. Daniela.v.ramos11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete